Why, yes I do.
Reasons I love my sister-in-law:
- She stands by her convictions. She is not afraid to go against the grain of the world or even her family. She will defend what she believes to the very end. Admirable, indeed!
- When my husband was searching for truth in different places, she prayed for him, and loved him in spite of his wandering eyes. She helped him during some really difficult times in his life, and I am eternally grateful! I give her some props for the way he turned out. I once questioned the authenticity of the Christian world aloud to some coworkers, and Scott (before he was a Christian himself) reply, “I know a real Christian. My sister is real, through and through.”
- She loves babies. I never worry about Cass when she has her.
- She is homeschooling , bless her heart! She has the patience for it.
- She’s a good mama. Four kids, all different but close in age, a house full of chaos, and she remains a good mama. There’s a lot to be said for that. I look up to her for her mothering skillz. SKILLZ WITH A “Z”!
- She’s lived in California and she’s not weird! Totally impressive!
- She’s maintained a good hairdo even though she has no time to work on it. Something I’ve always wanted and never been able to accomplish.
- She loves her family, crazy though we are…
- She’s been supportive of Scott and I when no one else was supportive. She’s been helpful and kind and willing to go out of her way for us.
- She’s someone I want to get to know better, and I don’t say that about people very often. I’m attracted to her personality. Fun and funny and she used to be totally in love with Air Supply.
- There’s an old VHS tape of her dancing on some kind of “Star Search” type show, and she completely blew it out of the water. I mean, seriously, if lip syncing to Grease tunes while dancing in a poodle skirt was a spiritual gift, it would be hers.
- A lot of Scott’s childhood memories are of her babysitting him, and he speaks about it as if it were a lot of fun. She was a good big sis to grow up with!
- She has pretty legs.
- She actually made me feel OK about gaining 80 plus pounds while I was pregnant!
- She challenges me to be a better person, and there is nothing I appreciate more!
I love you Michelle!